Unexpected Visitor | Costa Tropical Gazette News

Posted on

It’s not safe to go out in the middle of thunder and lighting but sometimes it’s not safe to stay at home, either, it appears. Read on!

The bolt of lightning came through the front window of a house and caused a fire. Fortunately the sole inhabitant was out working at the time and so was not turned into a Rice Crispie.

This occurred on Virgin of Health Street in Carratraca (Málaga) yesterday afternoon, right in the middle of a thunderstorm. Neighbours phoned the 112 number at 14.30h to say that a house, at the top of the village, had been hit by lighting and that there was smoke coming out of a broken window.

The emergency coordination centre alerted the fire service, the Guardia Civil, an ambulance and the Policía Local. The fire within the house only took moments to put out although the living room was not a pretty sight, as can be seen in the photo.

The only person that lives in the affected house was out working so nobody was injured.

(News: Carratraca, Guadalteba, Malaga, Andalusia)

Tags:andalucia bolt carratraca fire guadalteba house lightning storm Malaga news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *