Explosion on Camino de Ronda

Posted on

A 20-year-old man was seriously injured in an explosion in his flat in the city of Granada.

The incident occurred in a block of flats (Nº202) on Parapet walk Saturday morning. The victim was rushed to Virgen de las Nieves Traumatology Hospital which fortunately is not far away from the scene of the explosion.

According to the fire service, the explosion was not caused by a standard butane bottle, but rather by a lighter-gas canister of the type used to refil cigarette lighters or something similar.

It wasn’t necessary for the police to evacuate the block of flats because all of the residents came out onto the street to see what had happened, some thinking that the force that shook the building had been generated by an earth tremor.

Besides the fire service and police officers, bomb-disposal personnel (TEDAX) also turned up to examine the scene in case it had been a bomb.

(News: City & Metropolitan Area, Granada, Andalucia)

Tags:andalucia city & metropolitan area explosion flat granada news seriously injured

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *